It’s about time you met my go-to meal, the quesadilla. As soon as I’m feeling too lazy to make an accurate meal, when my fridge is bare, as soon as I come residence from the grocery retailer hangry—I throw collectively a quesadilla in beneath ten minutes flat.
How have I not shared my elementary quesadilla recipe, in all these years of meals operating a weblog? I’m righting this instance in the meanwhile by sharing my favorite quesadilla, quite a lot of quesadilla-making ideas, and satisfying strategies to change up your quesadillas.
- 1 full-grain flour tortilla (about eight″ diameter)
- ½ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cooked black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pink bell pepper or jarred roasted bell pepper or a few thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped pink onion or inexperienced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño (in the event you occur to love heat)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, melted butter or further-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Any of the subsequent, for serving: Salsa, guacamole or strips of avocado, bitter cream, scorching sauce, chopped modern cilantro…
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Warmth your tortilla for about 30 seconds, flipping halfway. Flip as quickly as additional, then sprinkle one-half of the tortilla with about half of the cheese. Cowl the cheese evenly with the remaining fillings: beans, bell pepper, onion and jalapeño (if using).
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the fillings, and fold over the empty side of the tortilla to encompass the fillings. Quickly brush the very best of the quesadilla with a light-weight coating of oil, then rigorously flip it with a spatula.
- Let the quesadilla put together dinner until golden and crispy on the underside, about 1 to 2 minutes, decreasing the heat if obligatory to forestall burning the tortilla. Brush the very best with a light-weight coating of oil, then flip it and put together dinner until the second facet is golden and crispy.
- Immediately take away the skillet from the heat and change the quesadilla to a slicing board. Let it cool for a minute to current the cheese time to set, then use a chef’s knife to slice it into three gadgets. Serve promptly, with any sauces or garnishes that you just’d like.