Thrilling info! My cookbook, Love Precise Meals, is nominated for Goodreads’ Best Cookbook award! When you will have a second, may you please do me an unlimited favor and go vote? There’s solely sooner or later left, and I’d be thrilled to make it to the next spherical.
Cookbook aside, we’ve to discuss this apple crisp. It’s a revised mannequin of a recipe that’s been on my web site for quite a lot of years. Mockingly, after I revealed this crisp three years prior to now, I had merely attended two Friendsgivings over the weekend. That is exactly what I’m doing this weekend.
I’m already working late, I’m celebrating with the equivalent good buddies, and I’m constructive to overdo it on the mashed potatoes and pie. Some points not at all change.
2 ¼ kilos Granny Smith apples (about 5 large or 7 small), cored and sliced into ¼” thick wedges
⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
¼ cup water, or bourbon or brandy, or apple cider or apple juice (I like 2 tablespoons bourbon and a pair of tablespoons water)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon flooring cinnamon
¼ teaspoon flooring allspice or nutmeg
Oat, almond meal and pecan topping
- 1 cup previous type oats (use licensed gluten-free oats for a gluten-free crisp)
- ½ cup firmly packed almond meal or almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optionally obtainable nevertheless advisable)
- ⅓ cup flippantly packed coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon efficient sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (Greek or widespread)
Don’t overlook vanilla ice cream, for serving!
- Preheat the oven to 350 ranges Fahrenheit.
- Place the sliced apples in a 9” sq. baking dish. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk collectively the honey and water until combined. Add the lemon juice, starch, cinnamon and allspice, and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture over the apples and toss to combine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Within the meantime, in a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the oats, almond meal, pecans, coconut sugar and salt. Mix inside the melted butter and the yogurt. Stir until the complete flour is built-in and the mixture is moistened all via.
- As quickly because the apples have baked for 20 minutes, give them a stir and redistribute them evenly inside the baker. Dollop small spoonfuls of the oat mixture evenly over the filling (see footage, no should pack it down). Return the baker to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 additional minutes, until the filling is effervescent throughout the sides and the very best is nice and golden.
- Let the crisp rest for 5 to 10 minutes sooner than serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, I insist. Leftovers keep properly inside the fridge, coated, for about 5 days.